Top ten emerging trends of internet marketing in 2013
Internet marketing is today an inevitable part of any company’s marketing strategy. There are only a few marketing options that work with the same level of speed, efficiency and reach as internet marketing. The tools, techniques and vehicles of internet marketing are being increased in the year 2013 also. When planning your marketing initiatives you should capitalise on the latest opportunities and for that a few top internet marketing strategies are here to help you.
The top ten trends of internet marketing:
- Design : The fact is, design sells and therefore, design is something which matters and empowers the value of a website. The stunning websites like those of Apple, Nike, Desk.com or Pinterest are created with much attention to the design and look at the success they have. Therefore, for all internet marketing in 2013, focus on great designs.
- Time to go for visual : Visual communication means getting hotter and it is the time to see a dramatic rise in marketing visual. The redesigns of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and the explosion in infographics, all indicate a phase of visual revolution that we are going through.
- Parallax Design : It incorporates the special scrolling techniques with background images moving slower than foreground images on the screen thus an illusion of depth is created on the screen. Examples are found in the Volkswagon Beetle website. Elements of parallax design can be considered while planning for a website redesigning.
- Go mobile : With more than 5 billion mobile users and specifically 1.1 billion smartphone subscribers; and with iPad being fastest growing product ever, you should start planning ways to connect to your audience by means of mobile channels now.
- Video : The audience likes video; every day over 4 billion online videos are watched and 68% of watchers share video links. Keep the fact in mind that for a typical person it is possible to retain approximately 10% of text read, 65% of image seen and 95% of video watched. So, what can be a better way of communicating your message to the target audience!
- Use of cloud-based tools : Cloud-based tools like MailChimp for email marketing, SEOmoz for SEO, Unbounce for landing page testing, CrazyEgg for heat map analysis and BoostSuite for website analysis can be amazingly useful options available to make you super efficient with your internet marketing efforts.
- Fitting in the Multi-Screen World : We live in a multi-screen world; this is evident from the fact that around 86% of users of mobile internet use their devices during watching TV. Be sure to make your internet marketing accounting for all screens and not desktops only.
- Social Media : With Facebook having more than 1 billion users and Twitter more than 500 million, social media is a great opportunity for your business and you need to gain solid business value out of it. Social marketing is getting easier over time with an increasing number of marketing platforms like Wildfire by Google and ShortStack, and social media analytics by tools like Followerwonk, SproutSocial and PageLever.
- Retargeting : Retargeting which is a way of keeping your website in front of those audiences who left your site without a conversion, is one of the most effective internet marketing techniques today. You can use options for retargeting like Google Remarketing, Bizo, AdRoll and Retargeter.
- Email Remarketing : In case of registration form or online shopping cart abandonment, you can reach out to a prospect and find out if you can offer what they need by email remarketing. Send out an automated email and see if your brand can get another chance at winning the prospect.
Make the best out of these internet marketing trends by focusing sufficiently and find the maximum escalation in revenue and growth.